[CMake] disable global package caching mechanims?

Thomas Wolf thomas.wolf at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 5 11:48:12 EDT 2011

> CMake only caches this kind of information in the CMakeCache.txt file
> in the build tree. You might want to take a look at the -C option of
> CMake. Alternatively, you can also try to play around with the
> CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX and CMAKE_SYSTEM_*_PATH variables as documented the
> man-page.
>
> Michael

Hi,

So, what about step 5 in the findpackage docs..
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:find_package

--->
5. Search project build trees recently configured in a CMake GUI. This
can be skipped if NO_CMAKE_BUILDS_PATH is passed. It is intended for the
case when a user is building multiple dependent projects one after another.
<---

Can i disable this alltogether? On some of my subprojects that do a
find_package i have no incluence. And given the fact that some of the
provided find_package scripts are suboptimal, i really don't want to
find any stuff lying around.

Again: Can this be disabled?

(like passing DNO_CMAKE_BUILDS_PATH to cmake?)

Reason: if I configured something wrong, like ${package}_DIR or the
HINT, I want the build to fail, and not to silently continue with some
other binaries.

There are several builds running, doing similar stuff. It can happen
that one build creates a library, that by accident may be found in
another build task.

Regards,
Thomas