[CMake] CMake 2.8.6 available for download

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Oct 5 11:17:19 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 05, 2011 08:29:00 am Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Peter Kuemmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:
> > When I install the .sh version over an existing 2.8.4 release
> > and use "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" QtCreator only shows the
> > CMakeLists.txt, nothing more.
> >
> > Seems the "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" generator is broken in 2.8.6.
> >
> > The entry <Option virtualFolders=".."  looks quite different between
> > the two generated .cbp files.
>
> I just tried this with CMake compiled from master, on a fresh ParaView
> build tree (hadn't made one in a while) using,
>
> cmake -G "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" ~/ssd/src/ParaView
>
> I was able to open the resulting build directory in Qt Creator 2.3.1
> and see all of the source files etc. I can dig a little deeper if you
> let me know what version of Qt Creator you are using, a project you
> see the issue with etc. I could also give the installer a try if the
> problem persists (I normally just build from source and current CMake
> master is 2.8.6).

So I see that one of my projects has this problem.
I've narrowed it down to this commit:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=a5683f8

If I remove the code that commit adds, from the current HEAD, then my problem
goes away.

When checking the XML, it complained about a few lines that looked like this:
<Add option="-DMY_DIR="/path/to/file"" />

So it appears that code doesn't handle preprocessor defines with quoting.

Peter, is that your problem also?  Can you edit your .cbp to remove lines like
that?  Or copy it to a file with a .xml extension then open it in a program
that can check the xml (e.g. firefox).

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc