[CMake] parallel build using "cmake --build"?

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Sat Nov 26 09:35:39 EST 2011

On 11/26/2011 04:16 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To build VTK on our windows build server, I wrote a small batch script
> that invokes "cmake --build".
>
> My developer machine is multicore; is there a way to get "cmake --build"
> to run multiple jobs?
>
> Thanks,
> -Steve

"cmake --build" is just a front-end for the native build tool CMake
generates input for. If this tool can be invoked via the command line
with options for parallel building, you can provide them after the "--"
in the "cmake --build" command, e.g. "cmake --build <bindir> -- -j 4"
for parallel building with Makefiles.

Regards,

Michael