[CMake] Documentation does not include --check-build-system

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 02:23:30 EST 2011

I don't find any documentation on the command that cmake uses with a
cmake -E --check-build-system .... Does this option happen to set any
specific cmake variable indicating that it is doing a check build?

I'm inquiring and I saw a post about it before
http://www.kwwidgets.org/Bug/view.php?id=2133   (closed)

about someone saying it might be nice to be able to bypass the
cmake_check_build_system rule in the makefile.

I would like to make building this project a single click interface.
- in the cmake script I can define some options to build all, install
or package during the configure.  But if I do, then the first thing
that is done is the cmake script is processed again (which it already
was), which triggers the make again, which calls cmake, etc.  I could
test to see if's a phase that isn't --check-build-system and do the
command?

Also I think I'd really just like to be the last thing done on a
'generate' in the cmake-gui (not entirely sure what the difference is
between configure and generate).