[CMake] Do not build/install import library

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Thu Nov 24 20:34:20 EST 2011

On 11/24/2011 07:53 PM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 11/23/2011 10:14 PM, Matthias Gehre wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for this very nice cmake. I switched just recently to get
>> lightspark (lightspark.github.com)
>> crossplatform, and it worked really smooth.
>>
>> One question, though: I cannot seem to find a way to _not_
>> build/install the import libraries (foobar.dll.a) on win32.
>> I do not need them, because I'm using MinGW's direct linking feature.
>> All I found was ways to
>> rename it, but not to keep it from building.
>
> Use the MODULE type of library

CMake does not allow to link against a library of type MODULE.

ATM, I don't know if one can prevent the import libraries from being
built without modifying the platform files or rewriting the affected
rule variables; it seems as if --out-implib is present anywhere. In
order to prevent them from being installed, it should be sufficient
to drop the ARCHIVE DESTINATION clause from the INSTALL() command
for the concerned targets.

Regards,

Michael