[CMake] Xcode: Nested Xcode Projects

Daniel Dekkers d.dekkers at cthrough.nl
Tue Nov 22 07:47:14 EST 2011

Hi,

CMake doesn't support Xcode "workspaces" like it does Visual Studio "solutions".
But you can still define multiple PROJECT()'s that will all be visible and buildable (via the scheme selector)  in the IDE.
In our setup, we have a bunch of apps and a library, in the top level CMakeLists.txt we do...

PROJECT(Suite)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(Lib)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(App0)
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(Appn)

And every CMakeLists.txt in the leaves of the source tree contains exactly one PROJECT() call:
Lib: PROJECT(Lib) ... ADD_LIBRARY(Lib ...)
App0: PROJECT(App0) ... ADD_EXECUTABLE(App0 ...)
App1: PROJECT(Appn) ... ADD_EXECUTABLE(Appn ...)

But yes... workspaces would be great.

Daniel