[CMake] How to generate DEPENDS on CMake

Mauricio Klein mauricio.klein.msk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:12:29 EST 2011

Hello guys!

There are lots of informations on internet about how to create DEPENDS on
CMake, but none of them answered my question.

I have a daemon being compiled very well with CMake. Now, i want to pack
this binary to distribution.
Once the clients have a wide variety of Linux distributions, i need to make
some restrictions for my code run properly.
Well, in "explicit" libraries (pthread and OpenSSL, for example) i can
realize what version i need. But what about the "implicit" libraries?

I mean, every code compiled in C/C++ in Linux is linked against libc and
many others. Is there a way to CMake (or other tool) to generate the really
complete list of dependencies of a binary?

I saw that many packages in official repository make restrictions about
LibC version, but even the ldd didn't tell anything about libc in my code.
How they realize the minimum version required to the program run well?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,

Maurício Souza Klein.