[CMake] TCL modules

Joe Brandt vonbane at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:28:32 EST 2011

I have a couple issues, that I'd like to help fix, with the current
FindTCL.cmake, FindTclsh.cmake, FindWish.cmake, and FindTclStub.cmake that
make them unusable for me.  The first is they do not always find the
various components from the same Tcl installation on the system.  The
second being that you cannot specify the version of Tcl that you want to
find via the find_package command.  I have systems that have multiple
installations of Tcl and have programs that require different versions of
Tcl.

I have modified the current Tcl modules to solve these two issues.  My
changes at this point were geared around changing as little as possible
from the originals to get these two items to work.  I really needed to just
get it working for my environment, but after thinking about it I would
rather try and get these changes/ideas pushed upstream rather than have to
maintain my own Tcl modules.

I do not see a maintainer for these modules.  I also saw there was
discussions around the Tcl modules a year ago, but don't know if that
panned out into anything.  If there is no maintainer I am certainly willing
to maintain these if it means these changes, in some form or another, can
get incorporated back upstream.

Joe