[CMake] Multiple source directory scenario and cdt generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 12:43:35 EST 2011

On Wednesday 16 November 2011, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> > Tried it.  It seems to get the linking right, though I'm not
> > sure how excited my users are going to be about how
> > deeply buried those source files are in the GUI.  There's
> > a whole lot of visual cruft around them.
>
> Worse, the Team menu is inactive for these files.
>
> I suspect that the only way to make source code control
> plugins happy is to link to dummy projects like you
> do for the main source directory.
> And then there's no need for those individual source file links.

AFAIK svn etc. work only if you either build in-source, or in the additional
in-source project.
I.e. AFAIK it doesn't work in the build tree project.
I tried to ask on the ctd development list for what needs to be done to get
that working, but without useful results.

I think the only way to get that working is if somebody who wants to get this
(svn in build dir in Eclipse) working actually works on the Eclipse and/or ctd
sources and makes it work there.

Alex