[CMake] Workflow of a collaborative project in Visual Studio+CMake

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:51:13 EST 2011

> It basically comes down to the inconvenience of having to do that with
> Visual Studio being outweighed (considerably!) by the cross-platform
> benefits of CMake.  (It does help that none of our developers use Windows as
> their primary development platform, so it only comes up when we make sure
> things are working on Windows...)

I use Visual Studio 2010 daily for the last 6 months or so and the bug
is not that difficult for me to work with at all. I do admit it is
annoying when you get prompted 50 times to reload projects but most of
the time it does not do that. I mean if you only add files to a single
project it will not prompt you for the other 49. Now if I know the
change will be big, I usually close the solution and run cmake
externally from a script.

John