[CMake] Workflow of a collaborative project in Visual Studio+CMake

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:30:54 EST 2011

I typically work in KDevelop which has CMake support, so if another
developer pushes some new files and changes to the CMakeLists.txt of
my project, I simply 'git pull' the project and then click "Build" and
it knows exactly what to do - it runs CMake and then builds the
project.

However, when working with Visual Studio, do I have to 'git pull',
then go open cmake-gui from the VS2010E terminal, re-configure and
re-generate the project, then reimport the VS2010E project, then
build? This seems horribly awkward. And the reverse appears to have
the same problem - if working inside VS I add a file to the VS
project, how do I 'export' this addition back to the git repo?

Thanks,

David