[CMake] Adding a new language

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Fri Nov 11 12:55:33 EST 2011

Am Freitag, 11. November 2011, 15:55:12 schrieb Stefan Monnier:
> > According to http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual022.html,
> > it does:
> > -o exec-file
> >
> >     Specify the name of the output file produced by the compiler. The
> >
> > default output name is a.out under Unix and camlprog.exe under Windows.
> > If
>
> This manpage describes all kinds of uses and in practice the -o only
> applies to the case whre you use ocamlc to link your program (notice how
> it says "-o exec file" rather than "-o output-file"), but it seems
> ignored when using it to just compile one file.
>
> I guess part of the reason is that in that case there is more than
> one output (it generates a .cmo and a .cmi file for each input file), so
> it wouldn't be clear what to do with this single "output file name".

You did cut the part where it says:
"If the -c option is given, specify the name of the
object file produced for the next source file that appears on the
command line."

So if the help says that -o is supposed to do something sensible when used
with -c but it doesn't, I'd suggest to file a bug. Note that the order of
arguments may be important.

HS