[CMake] CPack Generator jar support

Alexander Broekhuis a.broekhuis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:35:06 EST 2011

By the way did you suppress the INSTALL rule concerning the MANIFEST
> you may have had before?

Yes, this is what I tried. CMake seems to make an intermediate directory
which is zipped. So the order of the INSTALL/CPACK_INSTALLED_DIRECTORIES
doesn't seem to have an impact.

> I bet the safest way to build your jar may be to craft the appropriate
> 'jar' whatever command
> wrapped-up in a CMake custom command/target
> (see add_custom_command add_custom_targt)
> may be something that would
>
> 1) call cpack -G ZIP in order to have the clean zip file
> 2) jar xvf your_package.zip
> 3) jar cvf your_package.jar
>
> or use any custom option for jar in step 3.
>
> This is clearly doable with a CMake scripts.

Thanks for the hints, I have now solved it this way. I was hoping it would
be simple to add a new generator to CPack.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis