[CMake] ctest, valgrind & callgrind

Arnaud Gelas arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 10 16:10:52 EST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to use callgrind with ctest to profile some component of a
project.

I have tried replacing

         MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND    /usr/bin/valgrind

by

         MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND    /usr/bin/valgrind --tool=callgrind -v

When I run ctest -D ExperimentalMemCheck with the first configuration it
works fine, when I try with the second one, I get:

$ ctest -D ExperimentalMemCheck -R LevelSetsv4 -j12
    Site: snapper
    Build name: Linux-c++
Memory check project /home/ajg23/GITROOT/BUILDITK
Memory checker (MemoryCheckCommand) not set, or cannot find the
specified program.
Errors while running CTest

I assume it'd work...

Can someone explain to me why I get this message? one work around? or
what would the right way to proceed?

Thanks,
Arnaud