[CMake] Component Package Name

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 02:20:44 EST 2011

2011/11/9 Gantry York <gantry.york at digitascio.com>:
> I'm trying to set up component based packaging (with RPM).  I have it
> working, I just can't control the name.

You currently don't have full control over the package name.

- for a non-component packaging you can chose the package
  name by setting:
  CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME

if you do no set this you get:
   ${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME}-${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}-${CPACK_SYSTEM_NAME}"

- for a component packaging this name is mangled using
  component [group] name in order to have unique package name.

> I would like it to be something like
>
> comp-9.9.9-01-rhel5-i686.rpm

is "comp" the name of the component?

> But currently it uses $CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME instead of the component name.

which version of CPack/CMake are you using?

may be you can tell us the naming scheme you want and we could think
of a feature request to fullfil it.

If you would like to provide a patch (preferably against current
master) I'll be glad to review it.

Are you only using RPM or do you use other CPack generator for which you
have similar needs (ZIP, TGZ, DEB) ?
--
Erk
http://www.april.org