[CMake] CMake 2.4.6 and Xcode 4.2 on Mac OS X 10.7

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Nov 8 11:06:46 EST 2011

More info, please...

I assume you mean CMake 2.8.6 and not 2.4.6, as in the subject line... :-)

Are you setting CC and CXX before calling "cmake -G Xcode ../CMake"?
That's not a valid way of setting the compiler to a different compiler
with the Xcode generator.
Are you trying to build CMake or some other project?

In reality, the Xcode generator only works 100% reliably well when you
do not try to specify the compiler, and let Xcode use the one it wants
to use by default.

HTH,
David