[CMake] Globally Set Target Properties

Schuchard, Matthew Matthew.Schuchard at gtri.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:15:26 EST 2011

I am trying to globally set target properties for an entire configuration.
Specifically, I need to remove the prefix "lib" from all statically linked libraries I build.

I already used CMAKE_STATIC_LIBRARY_PREFIX "" such that all libraries I explicitly link to will not have CMake search for libraries of format "libfoo.a" but rather "foo.a" when I specify "foo."

However, I cannot seem to globally specify that all target libraries which are statically linked which I build have the prefix removed.

I have tried set_target_properties with Unix wildcards to no avail.
I have also tried set_property(GLOBAL PROPERTY PREFIX "") and set_property(TARGET PROPERTY PREFIX "") which were both unsuccessful (or maybe I needed to force the cache, but cache was already an argument in the usage statement providing other functionality so I assumed its normal functionality as an argument was unavailable).
Could not find any help on Google either.

There is also the possibility this is impossible to do with CMake, so if someone can verify that I would also be appreciative.