[CMake] find_package(), sources only

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Mon Nov 7 09:26:52 EST 2011

Am 07.11.2011 14:49, schrieb Daniel Dekkers:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> Could you write a few more lines. I want to understand,... but I
> don't. ;-)
>
> We only have one copy of Bullet "as a bundle" present on the system.
> Let's
> say you just downloaded Bullet.
> With BULLET_ROOT, we set the root path to that copy and do a
> find_package(BULLET), it returns with:
[...]

> MESSAGE( STATUS "Looking for Bullet..." )
> SET(BULLET_ROOT ${DEVELOPMENT_ROOT}/bullet CACHE PATH "Root directory
> for
> Bullet")
> FIND_PACKAGE( BULLET REQUIRED )

So you link to Bullet libraries but build the libraries yourself? Then
use external_project.

You list the Bullet source files as sources in add_executable or
add_library? Then don't use find_package but instead just check for the
include file yourself using find_path.

The find_package() stuff is mostly targetted for externally built
packages.

HS