[CMake] cmake with continuous integration

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 22:00:24 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 13:01 -0600, Matt Fair wrote:
> I am using CMake with a continuous integration (CI)  build and it has
> multiple stages.  The CI server places in each stage in different
> directories, for example:
>
> /foo/bar/build-stage
> /foo/bar/test-stage
> /foo/bar/package-stage
> I'm having trouble with CMake with the abolute paths in the build
> tree, is there any way around this?  From what I have seen the answer
> is no, but I was wondering what other people are doing.  Are people
> just doing a build and package in the same stage, then redistributing
> the packages to the rest of the stages?

We are using Jenkins to run our CMake builds across many platforms.  My
question to you is this: How would you propose getting the output of a
code build (regardless of the tool) from one stage to the next?

We use CMake's install paths to put the files in a consistent, easily
scriptable location at the end of a build.  Then we run another Jenkins
task that moves those artifacts to a central staging position (another
server).  The other stages look to the central artifact location to get
their files.

Regards,
Frank