[CMake] FindMPI.cmake

Allen D Byrne byrn at hdfgroup.org
Thu Nov 3 17:00:55 EDT 2011

I have finally successfully compiled our library and tests on Win7 with mpich2. However I had to make the following changes in FindMPI.cmake starting at line 409. I added the fortran block and removed the quotes from the set(MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK ...) commands. The qoutes really messed up VS linking on windows! Any concerns?

      if (${lang} STREQUAL CXX)
        set(MPI_LIB "MPI_LIB-NOTFOUND" CACHE FILEPATH "Cleared" FORCE)
        find_library(MPI_LIB
          NAMES         mpi++ mpicxx cxx mpi_cxx
          HINTS         ${_MPI_BASE_DIR} ${_MPI_PREFIX_PATH}
          PATH_SUFFIXES lib)
        if (MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK AND MPI_LIB)
          set(MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK ${MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK} ${MPI_LIB})
        endif()
      endif()

      if (${lang} STREQUAL Fortran)
        set(MPI_LIB "MPI_LIB-NOTFOUND" CACHE FILEPATH "Cleared" FORCE)
        find_library(MPI_LIB
          NAMES         fmpi fmpich fmpich2 fmpich2g
          HINTS         ${_MPI_BASE_DIR} ${_MPI_PREFIX_PATH}
          PATH_SUFFIXES lib)
        if (MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK AND MPI_LIB)
          set(MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK ${MPI_LIBRARIES_WORK} ${MPI_LIB})
        endif()
      endif()

Allen Byrne
byrn at hdfgroup.org