[CMake] Undefined reference

Mauricio Klein mauricio.klein.msk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:51:54 EDT 2011

Thank you Raphael, it worked!

One last question: i've tried to compile my code using static linkage, once
i need my daemon runs in many Linux releases. But, even static, in many
systems my code crashes because the GLIBC version.

My question is: asking for static linkage in CMake can solve this problem?
Or maybe another approach in CMake, where i embed all the needed
libraries...

Thanks for your attention!

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
<rakuco at freebsd.org>wrote:

> Mauricio Klein
> <mauricio.klein.msk at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I can compile all my codes without problems, but in the linkage step, i
> > receive a lot of errors about undefined reference to OpenSSL functions
> > (yes, my code uses OpenSSL).
> >
> > In my own (and ugly :P) Makefile, i use "-lssl" flag in g++ compile line.
> >
> > My question is: how can i pass this flag in CMake.
> > Also, i'm not sure if i'm using CMake correctly. Is correctly use "-lssl"
> > flag in CMake or i need to copy the library to a folder inside my project
> > and link to this copy?
>
> You need to find OpenSSL with `find_package(OpenSSL)' and then, assuming
> it is found (ie. OPENSSL_FOUND is true), link to its libraries with
> `target_link_libraries(YOUR_APP ${OPENSSL_LIBRARIES})'.
>
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Best regards,

Maurício Souza Klein.