[CMake] debug/optimized include directories

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:30:27 EDT 2011

David Cole wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Robert Dailey
> <rcdailey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM, David Cole
>> <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Not yet
>>
>> Meaning there are plans in the works to add such functionality in the
>> near future?
>> For now I guess I could actually hard code VS environment variables in my
>> include directory strings, such as $(Configuration).
>
> There is a feature planned to add per-target include directories (as a
> target property). As part of that work, we will probably naturally
> also add per-configuration values of that new target property. It is
> not yet added as a feature request in the bug tracker, but there are
> related ones that I may "borrow" for the purpose. Stay tuned for more
> info, but it is not coming in the next week or two. Hopefully, in time
> for 2.8.7, but it depends on timing at this point.... so no promises.

Hi David,

I'm interested in this feature. I'd like to get it into CMake 2.8.7.

It came up in the recent thread about how Qt5Config.cmake should work:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.project.devel/79/focus=226

You mentioned that there are some side-line relevant bugs in the CMake
tracker for this. Could you point me to them? Could you also indicate the
approximate location in the code to look to for starting to work on this
(cmTarget.cxx?).

Thanks,

Steve.