[CMake] SCC bindings missing AUXPATH support?

Steven Velez sbv1976 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:26:11 EDT 2011

Just to be clear, I am not advocating having to deal with the perforce
SCC integration dialog for every project in the solution.  In our set
up, we need to deal with it once for the solution... without having
access to AuxPath.  However, I do imagine, that it probably has
something to do with where the local path ends up pointing to and
whether your solution pulls projects from different P4 work-spaces,
though I have never done that myself personally.

I suggested making AuxPath optional because the binding will work
without that property, and it will work efficiently if carefully
crafted.  I can not say that a binding will succeed if any of the
other properties are omitted, though perhaps they might with some SCC
providers... I didn't write the original binding logic, I don't use
other providers, and I certainly have never seen any documentation on
the Visual Studio SCC interface... I've heard you need to sign an NDA
with Microsoft for that or something.

As far as there being logic to using a relative path as opposed to an
absolute one, no... I can't say that I know what it is if there is
any.  Again, I don't fully understand how SCC integration works.  I
can only say that I have tried relative paths, and they work better
for me than the report you provided originally.  Also, if I set up the
bindings after solution generation from within visual studio 2010,
that is what the IDE and/or perforce puts there.

Steven