[CMake] CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE for debian

Erik Hofman erik at ehofman.com
Tue Nov 1 05:54:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm new to this list and just recently started to use CMake and CPack.
So far I'm very pleased but there's one thing that I think could use
some improvement;

As far as I van see (from Wiki) the RPM generating backend of CPack uses
CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE if CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION is not
provided, but the Debian backend does not use
PACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE in any way although adding it is just a
three line patch:

 file(STRINGS description descriptionFile)
 STRING(REGEX REPLACE ";" " " descriptionFile "${descriptionFile}")
 SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_SUMMARY ${descriptionFile})

It would be nice if this is the default behavior for all backends.

Regards,

Erik