[CMake] Eclipse generator - scanner-discovered include pathsand pre-processor symbols

Chatterjee, Shash schatterjee at camber.com
Fri Mar 25 09:19:06 EDT 2011

Hi Alex,

>- CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake : this is slightly changed version from the one
>shipped with cmake 2.8.4, it produces debug output. Please replace the
>CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake in your cmake 2.8.4 installation with this file.
>Then create a fresh and empty build directory, and let cmake run there, with
>the same command line as you posted. Capture the output, both stdout and
>stderr in a log file and post it here.

Thanks for sending this, most illuminating :-)

>I saw that you are using ccache, maybe this behaves slightly different for
>some things ?

I am using Fedora Core 14, with all latest yum updates.  I have not done anything knowingly for cmake to prefer ccache over gcc directly, so looks like by default cmake will use ccache over straight GCC if it finds it.  Of course, the speedup is most welcome.

I have attached two versions of the log output.   The first one is with the problem reproduced.

I noticed in your debug output that the C compiler was being detected as blank, and no C++ include directories were being found even though the compiler was detected as "GNU".  I changed the project definition in my CMakeLists.txt from "project ( eclipsetest CXX ) " to "project ( eclipstest C CXX ) " and everything worked as expected.

Thanks,
Shash