[CMake] Documentation for CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT missing?

Johannes Zarl Johannes.Zarl at jku.at
Mon Mar 21 06:16:51 EDT 2011

On 03/07/2011 at 23:47, Gabriel Petrovay <gabipetrovay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Alexander Neundorf
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> It's an internal variable.
>
> May we use it? Or is it not intended for users to use it?

Just bumping this thread up, but I think this is a valid question.
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT is not only widely
used in projects, but also used in the semi(?)-officially solution
to setting an install prefix without overwriting user-choices.

If it's internal and we should not use it, quite a number of
projects will have to be changed...

Cheers,
  Johannes

--