[CMake] CPACK_NSIS_INSTALL_ROOT

Dixon, Shane Shane.Dixon at atmel.com
Tue Mar 15 15:39:56 EDT 2011

I'm trying to add the vendor name ot the CPACK_NSIS_INSTALL_ROOT variable.  Right now, I have this line:

set( CPACK_NSIS_INSTALL_ROOT $PROGRAMFILES\Atmel)

Unfortunately policy CMP0010 keeps kicking in and warning me that \A is invalid.  I can't find any escape sequence that makes the NSIS configuration happy.  I also noticed I can't use variables like ${CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR} because it will never resolve to the actual vendor and my NSIS installer actually has the literal C:\Program Files (x86)${CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR}\f.  Using the above line works and creates a valid NSIS installer, but I get that annoying error on every build.  I can't use the forward slash either or it shows up in the NSIS window as a forward slash rather than a backslash, making it an invalid address.

How do I make this error go away and still keep NSIS happy?

---

Shane Dixon

Linux Engineer / Atmel Corporation

Tel: (+1)(719)540-1123

shane.dixon at atmel.com / www.atmel.com

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from unauthorized disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender by reply if you received this email in error. Thank you for your cooperation.