[CMake] No <LANG>_FLAGS_<CONFIG> target property.

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Mar 14 11:41:08 EDT 2011

Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> writes:

> On 03/14/2011 12:42 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> There are target properties such as LINK_FLAGS and LINK_FLAGS_<CONFIG>,
>> but I don't see properties for setting compiler flags. This makes
>> impossible to build two targets on the same CMakeLists.txt with
>> different compiler flags (I was told that the last value of
>> CMAKE_<LANG>_FLAGS_<CONFIG> applies to all targets on that
>> CMakeLists.txt).
>>
>> So why no per-target compile flags?
>
> You could misuse COMPILE_DEFINITIONS and COMPILE_DEFINITIONS_<CONFIG>
> for that...

I think that that is the same case as COMPILE_FLAGS property: it just
adds its contents to whatever CMAKE_*_FLAGS* has.

I'm afraid of compiler errors & warnings of the sort of "option -foo is
incompatible with option -bar"

So as it seems that there is no way of replacing the compiler flags at
the target level, is it an omission worth a bug report or is it
something that was decided?