[CMake] INSTALL CODE using EXEC_PROGRAM with spaces in path

Urbach, Marcel [Rohmann GmbH] urbach at rohmann.de
Fri Mar 11 10:14:11 EST 2011

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 and I have tried to register my builded dll files
with regsvr32 after installing them. It works for paths without spaces.

INSTALL( CODE

    "EXEC_PROGRAM( regsvr32 ARGS \"/s\" ARGS \"C:\\lib\\test.dll\"
OUTPUT_VARIABLE POST_INST_OUT RETURN_VALUE POST_INST_RES )"

)

But when there a spaces inside a path regsvr32 returns with an error:

"Error loading module "C:\Program".

INSTALL( CODE

    "EXEC_PROGRAM( regsvr32 ARGS \"/s\" ARGS \"C:\\Program
Files\\test\\lib\\test.dll\" OUTPUT_VARIABLE POST_INST_OUT RETURN_VALUE
POST_INST_RES )"

)

I have spended the whole day  escaping the path in the right way but I
don't get it.