[CMake] QtCreator project generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Mar 10 11:42:51 EST 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011, Campbell Barton wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Alexander Neundorf
>
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 04 March 2011, Campbell Barton wrote:

> >> Yep, QtCreator will act as code is commented if the define are not
> >> found, you can type of course but no auto-complete or syntax
> >> highlighting.
> >> I don't use code::blocks but suspect it doesn't work this way.
> >>
> >> From my previous mail, heres a patch to cmake's codeblocks generator.
> >> http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/code_blocks.diff
> >>
> >> If this was applied qtcreator could use the defines.
> >
> > So QtCreator parses the -D options and uses them ?
> >
> > If so, please add this to the cmake bug tracker as feature request.
> >
> > Alex
>
> No, QtCreator doesn't use them, but it could if they were written.
>
> So not sure this is a bug, but from the user level its frustrating not
> to have defines come into QtCreator so for this to be supported I
> think my patch would need to be applied.

I won't apply the patch if neither CodeBlocks nor QtCreator make use of it.
I'm CC'ing the QtCreator maintainer...

Daniel, can you please have a look at the "QtCreator project generator"
thread ?
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-March/thread.html
Especially the last email:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-March/043354.html

This is about QtCreator not doing correct syntax highlighting due to not
interpreted #ifdefs.

Alex