[CMake] CMake 2.8.4 -- FindITK.cmake fails to find ITK even when ITK_DIR is properly set.

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 08:17:03 EST 2011

On 03/07/2011 03:59 PM, kent williams wrote:
> Looking at the difference between FindITK.cmake in 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 it
> looks like someone replaced trusting the ITK_DIR variable and using it
> directly if defined, with
>
> FIND_PACKAGE(ITK QUIET NO_MODULE
> NAMES ITK InsightToolkit CONFIGS ITKConfig.cmake)
>
> Which doesn't work -- it appears to ignore ITK_DIR and doggedly insist
> that it can't find ITK.

The find_package command will use ITK_DIR without searching at all if it is set.
I can't reproduce your problem.  CMake 2.8.4 finds ITK for me in all the cases
it used to find it plus more.  Setting ITK_DIR hands it the answer and it works.
Please send a complete sample CMakeLists.txt that shows this problem along with
a listing of the contents of ${ITK_DIR} on your disk.

Thanks,
-Brad