[CMake] PREDEFINED_TARGETS_FOLDER and ALL_BUILD Target

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Mar 4 12:12:37 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM,  <aaron.meadows at thomsonreuters.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >

> > I was just trying out the Target folders stuff in 2.8.4.  The ALL_BUILD
> > target doesn’t seem to be affected by the PREDEFINED_TARGETS_FOLDER
> > property.
> >

> > Is that by design or an oversight?
> >
> I see that here since I started using Solution Folders a few months
> back. Although this is a slight inconvenience I would like to see that
> moved to the CMakePredefindedTargets folder.
>
> John

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

It is (forced by backwards compatibility requirements) by design.

Here is the source code where I wanted to assign it to the
CMakePredefinedTargetsFolder:

#if 0
      // Can't activate this code because we want ALL_BUILD
      // selected as the default "startup project" when first
      // opened in Visual Studio... And if it's nested in a
      // folder, then that doesn't happen.
      //
      // Organize in the "predefined targets" folder:
      //
      if (this->UseFolderProperty())
        {
        allBuild->SetProperty("FOLDER", this->GetPredefinedTargetsFolder());
        }
#endif

Sorry,
David