[CMake] Fortran good and bad

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Mar 1 03:05:41 EST 2011

>> should I be looking at cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator, or cmGlobalVisualStudio10Generator/cmGlobalVisualStudio10Win64Generator or one of the base classes?

I didn't get any reply to this, so I would like to ask instead

There is a VisualStudio GlobalGenerator, LocalGenerator and TargetGenerator. I can't find any particularly useful description of what roles these should play (and how they interact). To add support for the fortran composer I have started modifying the cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator, by just stuffing in checks for FortranProject and then directly modifying various calls to write out stuff. Not got very far yet.

Does anyone have 5 minutes to explain how these classes -should- interact with each other so that I can make my changes as minimally intrusive as possible.

thanks

JB