[CMake] Fwd: CPACK/NSIS: Subfolders/components related generation issue

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 12:12:17 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to make our cpack setup work for an NSIS installer. I
would like to make a very first step towards a component based
installer on Windows.

For the time being, the basic idea is that: I have some subfolders
(different libraries) inside the project, and I would like to make
every subfolder a separate component as a very first, test stage (I
can later fine-tune the whole setup according to our purposes, if it
works). Hence the subfolders (components) would be for instance:
core/audio/input/graphics/engine/player/creator and so forth.

In the current situation, the generated installer contains and
installs only the "creator" folder, but with DLLs of some other
folders, like core/audio/input/graphics/engine/player and so forth. I
am not sure what I am doing wrong, but this is the relevant CPack NSIS
entry in the ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/CMakeLists.txt:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/games/gluon/repository/revisions/master/entry/CMakeLists.txt#L224

As a matter of the fact, I am not getting any separate "core"
component either. Here is the relevant "install" line from the
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/core/CMakeLists.txt file:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/games/gluon/repository/revisions/master/entry/core/CMakeLists.txt#L106

My idea was that: I should at least get a "core" component inside the
NSIS installer with this simple case. What am I doing wrong ?  I would
also attach my generated project.nsi, if there was no 40 KB limitation
on this list.
Hence please ask for specific information from that file, if you need anything.

Thank for your help in advance!

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp