[CMake] EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH vs RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY

pellegrini pellegrini at ill.fr
Fri Jul 22 09:46:26 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I use CMake 2.8.4, Fortran 90 and Intel compiler to build an executable.
I read in the documentation that
RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY supercedes the old EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH command.

When using:

    add_executable(myexec ${source_files})
    set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH mydir)

I can find my executable in mydir but when using

    add_executable(myexec ${source_files})
    set(RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY mydir)

nothing appears in mydir. Did I miss something when reading the doc ?

I would have an additional question concerning both commands. Anytime I
build my project the following files are created alongside my executable:

    - myexec.exe.embed.manifest
    - myexec.exe.embed.manifest.res
    - myexec.exe.intermediate.manifest
    - myexec.exe.resource.txt
    - myexec.ilk

is there a way to get rid of these files ?

thanks a lot

Eric

--
Eric Pellegrini