[CMake] How to fetch exit status of INSTALL(CODE ...)

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed Jul 20 06:41:25 EDT 2011

Hi Marcel,

Aware I won't be answering your question regarding the exit code associated
with INSTALL(CODE ...), I still would like to suggest you an approach that
could help you addressing your issue.

What about byte-compiling the python source at build time ? In that case,
the build step would fail instead ...

You could look at macro like this one to help you: See
https://github.com/commontk/CTK/blob/master/CMake/ctkMacroCompilePythonScript.cmake

Hth
Jc

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Marcel Loose <loose at astron.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a macro that, during install, compiles python source files to
> byte code. Sometimes, there's a syntax error in the python source that
> can be caught during compilation; i.e. during the execution of
> INSTALL(CODE ...).
>
> Is is possible to somehow fetch the exit status of commands executed
> inside INSTALL(CODE ...), so that I can let 'make install' exit with a
> non-zero exit status?
>
> Best regards,
> Marcel Loose.
>
> --
> Marcel Loose
> Senior Software Engineer, Computing Group R&D, Astron, the Netherlands

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

+1 919 869 8849