[CMake] Fwd: Windows 7 - Permissions issues?

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:36:24 EDT 2011

This was my reply I accidentally just hit 'reply'

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Steve Westenbroek <smwesten at usgs.gov> wrote:
> I am continuing in my quest to use CMake to build a small (< 20 source
> files) Fortran and C project.
>
> I am running into very strange behavior that appears to be related to
> permissions; the permissions revolve around an attempt to write to the
> "Windows" directory. Why on earth would CMake produce a makefile that
> requires access to the "Windows" directory? Have I missed a variable
> definition somewhere?

your tempoary path might be like set TEMP= or set TMP= should be like
/users/you/appdata/something/temp

it's probably a 64 bit system, which actually means that when a 32 bit
process writes to /windows/ it goes to
/users/you/appdata/local(?)/VirtualStore/c(?)/windows

or maybe you're using 32 bit cmake and 64 bit compilers?

you can just turn off User Account Control; which controls permissions
on /windows/ pretty strictly - so unless you request the proper token
(which invokes a dialogbox) you don't get to write to /windows/