[CMake] Is it possible to call or include CMakeCache from another CMakeCache?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jul 19 06:41:01 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré
<kapare at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to call or include CMakeCache from another CMakeCache?
>
> I want to replace my 2 CMakeCache to one.
>
> ex:
>
> cmake -C Config-Generic.txt Config-Project.txt ../
>
> Any idea if it's possible to include the Config-Generic.txt inside the Config-Project.txt?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kevyn-Alexandre Paré

Ii don't think this really sounds like a wise idea...

What is it you're trying to accomplish? If you have two CMakeCache
files, then you have two separate projects, and you've run CMake on
each of them to get the two CMakeCache files. So why do you want to
combine them into one? If you only want one project, then why not
simply merge the two CMakeLists files together into one project?

Let us know what you're trying to achieve, maybe there's a better
supported way to do it. Combining multiple CMakeCache files is not
something that the CMake dev team expects you to do... Trying to do so
will very likely lead to weird, inexplicable issues.....

HTH,
David