[CMake] libcrypto.so.6 library needed for cmake on Ubuntu 8.04

Neil Higgins higgins-demack at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 15 06:31:20 EDT 2011

I couldn't see anything on the CMake site that looked like an installable
package, so ...

Following a search, I downloaded an RPM file and installed that with Alien.
Evidently that package was built from a different tree (or something - I'm
not an expert at this type of thing).

The problem is solved - I subsequently removed that package and successfully
installed a Debian package (cmake 2.8.4), although I first had to resolve a
lot of dependencies.

Thanks for your help, Eric.

Kind regards,
Neil