[CMake] string(FIND)

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jul 14 08:30:05 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Mihai Sandu <voyagersm at gmail.com> wrote:
> "string does not recognize sub-command FIND"
> Can anyone know why this happens?
> I use cmake 2.8.5 and it happens only when I make nightly builds.

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

The string FIND subcommand was added in version 2.8.5 -- if you're
getting the error message "string does not recognize sub-command FIND"
then you are not running CMake 2.8.5 when you think you are. You must
also have an older version of CMake that is being invoked to produce
that error string.

HTH,
David