[CMake] New Module: FindSDL_gfx.cmake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jul 7 17:04:15 EDT 2011

2011/7/7 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>

> On Thursday 07 July 2011, David Cole wrote:
> > Indeed, it would be preferable. Actually, I would prefer it if all of the
> > Find modules were installed as part of the project that they represent
> > rather than being in CMake itself.
>
> You probably didn't mean that ;-)
> Projects themselves should install a FooConfig.cmake file, but not a
> FindFoo.cmake file, since then finding the FindFoo.cmake file is already
> the
> hard part, the project actually doesn't have to be found anymore then.
>
> Alex

You're right. That's what I meant. I meant to say, projects should install a
<project>Config.cmake file, as documented in the very detailed help text for
the find_package command.

See the text beginning with "CMake constructs a set of possible installation
prefixes" here:

  http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:find_package

Thanks for the correction!
David