[CMake] CPACK NSIS Destination Directory

owen.arnold at stfc.ac.uk owen.arnold at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 1 03:52:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been using CPack to generate NSIS installers. On my Windows 7 64-bit development platform this works perfectly. When I started building the release and generating the packages on our build server (also Windows 7 64-bit) things aren't quite as smooth. The installer is generated fine, but the installer page containing the "Destination Directory" fails to prefix the path with C:/Program Files (x86), so instead of C:/Program Files(x86)/{{Project}} I'm presented with /{{Project}}. Comparing the generated Project.nsi files between my development environment and the production build environment, I notice that PROGRAMFILES var is not used at all in the latter, but is in the former to construct INSTALLDIR.

The only difference between my development environment and the production build environment (as far as I can tell) is that my development is done on a physical machine and the production machine is a VM. Might this have something to do with PROGRAMFILES not being written into the nsis script? Does anyone have any other suggestions about what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Owen.

--
Scanned by iCritical.