[CMake] CTest options being ignored : CTest - 2.8.2

Nolen, Steven D drnuke at lanl.gov
Wed Jan 12 13:03:33 EST 2011

It appears there are some inconsistencies with specifying different SOURCE/BUILD when using functions like ctest_configure, ctest_coverage, etc.  I have tried specifying different binary/source directories but it only seems like it has been partially implemented.  To verify this, I went into cmCTestCoverageHandler and confirmed that it was sometimes using the configure option BinaryDir and sometimes it was using the global(?) variable set with CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY.  Moreover, when it does use the option specified version, it fails to use the correct {stage}.xml file for the results.  To make my system work I had to switch the global BinaryDir to the appropriate one for the subproject and then switch it back before calling ctest_submit.  I can post the ctest script that does this if necessary.
System: linux x86-64 RHEL