[CMake] CMake 2.8.7-rc2 ready for testing!

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Dec 30 13:50:05 EST 2011

On 2011-12-30 11:22+0100 Eric Noulard wrote:

> 2011/12/30 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
>>
>> There is no conservative course here. There is a choice of whether to make
>> CMake 2.8.7 behave the same as 2.8.6 or the same as 2.8.5.
>>
>> For this to be a showstopper it would have had to be reported before we
>> tagged 2.8.6 -- since it is now already in 2.8.6, it should simply be
>> considered a bug that we will try to address as soon as possible and get it
>> merged into master in time for the following release.
>>
>> It would also be nice if this were more than simply a back-and-forth
>> discussion between you and I. I would sure appreciate more input from other
>> LAPACK and BLAS clients.
>
> May be no-so-simple Find modules
> (FindLAPACK is 307 lines long and FindBLAS is 624 lines long)
> deserve a dedicated dashboard.
> The interested user could setup a submission to this dashboard for their
> favorite software build such that testing would be more systematic.
>
> May be it could be done with some ctest scripts that would submit
> the update/configure/build/test of the interested project to
> this "FindLAPACK" dashboard?

There is no doubt that the lapack/blas software ecosystem is one of
the most complicated out there with many different platforms so it is
easy to make a mistake in the associated find modules that slips
through because not all of those platforms are currently tested
systematically for a given CMake release cycle.

So I think Eric's idea of a dedicated dashboard to help organize
systematic platform testing for the lapack/blas find modules is an
excellent one.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin