[CMake] on find_package and building dependencies

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:29:37 EST 2011

2011/12/29 Ryan Lewis <me at ryanlewis.net>:
> Hi,
>
> your suggestion on setting that variable before a find_package() just
> simply _is not_ doing what I expect. I specify my own location of libz
> and it _always_ finds the system wide version.

Then there must be something weird,
did you clean-up your build tree before testing?

You may try in a fresh new pristine build tree.

Would you be able to try the attached project and replace the

set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH "/home/erk/TestZlib/installed")
with an appropriate value for your config.

You must start from a fresh new build tree.

> Also I cannot get the ExternalProject_Add() module to work properly.

I'll try to answer that separately.
Beware not to drop the CMake ML address.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org