[CMake] link_directories, MSVC and $(Configuration)

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:45:07 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:
> Don't use link_directories. Ever. You don't want to use it. Surely. It does
> not what you think it does. It only exists to create trouble, unexpected
> behaviour and questions to this list ;)

If that were possible it would be great. Consider e.g. boost; they
link automatically on windows machines and they don't export their
build targets. Typically I expect a library Foo which depends on boost
to provide all required information to build after calling
find_package(Foo) which in this case requires the definition of
FOO_LIBRARY_DIRS containing the path to the boost libraries.

But I see your point since I should enforce what you wrote for my
personal libraries...

Thank you for the tip!

Regards,
Hauke