[CMake] Enabling code coverage on clang dashboard

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Dec 19 18:51:22 EST 2011

Hi all,

Now that clang supports code coverage, I thought I'd enable it on my CMake dashboards, but I'm a little confused as to how.

I've read this, but it's only partly helpful:
<http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CTest:Coverage>

Building cmake itself, if I use only cmake (not ctest nor cdash) then things compile and link if I use these settings:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
CMAKE_C_FLAGS -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS -I/Developer/usr/lib -lprofile_rt
CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS -I/Developer/usr/lib -lprofile_rt
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS -I/Developer/usr/lib -lprofile_rt

Is this right?  I'm especially uncertain about the linker flags.

Also, this seems to leave gunk in the git repo:

# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#	Tests/CommandLineTest/CMakeFiles/
#	Tests/CustomCommandWorkingDirectory/CMakeFiles/
#	Tests/Java/CMakeFiles/

Is that a bug?  Does it happen with gcc?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com