[CMake] Problem with OpenSSL and multiple compiler

BigPilot bigpilot at linuxmail.org
Sun Dec 18 07:12:10 EST 2011

Hi,

 I'm trying to build the LibMSN-4.2 library which is build using CMake. I''m, however, encountering two problems:

 - I have both Visual Studio 2008 Professional (C/C++/C#) and Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition C# only installed on my machine. CMake however detects Visual Studio 2010 and complains it can't find a suitable compiler. No matter what I try, I can't make it understand that it should use Visual Studio 2008 (i.e. MSVC9).

 In the root file I tried addding

 set(CMAKE_GENERATOR "Visual Studio 9 2008")

 before the project command. It still detects MSVC10.

 - The LibMSN library needs OpenSSL. I've installed OpenSSL in C:\OpenSSL yet the CMake scripts don't seem to detect it.

 Any help would be appreciated.

 Kind regards,

 BigPilot