[CMake] Find package with version numbers

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:59:00 EST 2011

Is there any example of how to write a find module for find_package() that
utilizes version numbers? How is the version number passed into the
Find*.cmake module? The documentation on this is very confusing and
discusses creating a version.cmake file. I looked in the CMake modules
directory for an example but there are no version files...

I'm creating a find module for the Microsoft Platform SDK:
FindMSPlatformSDK.cmake. I need to be able to call it like so:

find_package( MSPlatformSDK 7.0 )

Thanks in advance.

---------
Robert Dailey