[CMake] help texts

Tom Deblauwe Tom.Deblauwe at traficon.com
Thu Dec 8 02:45:18 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to make a parser that can use  cmake --help-... commands to determine the functions that are available and their signature. I have 2 problems:

-          It is difficult to know if it's an example usage or if it is the signature of the function

-          How can I know the keywords per function?

Now I just get the list of functions and then call cmake for each function and parse the output lines where they start with the function name followed by a "(" sign. Then this is the signature until an empty line or until a new function-name-with-"("-sign is found.
Maybe the examples could be prefixed with something to distinguish them from the real function signatures? Maybe to solve the keywords problem the keywords could all be uppercase and the variables lowercase so I can extract them? This is in most cases correct now but e.g. in the "find_file" documentation there is "<VAR>" which would wrongly be extracted as a keyword.

Thanks,
Best regards
Tom,